Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Power of a Mantra


by Suzie Carr
@girl_novelist

I work out most everyday, and most of these sessions are downright grueling. To get through them, I need to be present both physically and mentally. In fact, I think mental presence is more critical. I have those days when I trudge into my workouts with my head hung low, my mind in a fog, and my body refusing to push itself. 
Days like this, I dig deep into my mind and pull out my mantra, “I’m healthy and strong therefore I can do anything.” I repeat this mantra over and over again throughout the workout and to my surprise every time, it powers me with a strength that at times seems superhuman. 
Just for kicks, I tossed out a tweet asking others if they used a mantra to help them dig deeper and get them through their tough moments. I wanted to share some of these inspiring ones. I will be placing them in my reserve for those inevitable days when I will need one to give me that extra push to accomplish a workout, an assignment, a scene, or any of the hundred to-do items I usually tackle on any given day! 

Here they are:
  • “Clear your mind, center your soul." 
  • "Nothing is happening TO you. Things are just happening."
  • "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." Basil King 
  • “I am whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, harmonious, happy, healthy, wealthy, and so thankful for all gifts my life.”
  • "I am not afraid of tomorrow, because I have seen yesterday and I LOVE today!"
  • “You will never get what you want as long as you’re jealous of what other people have.” 
  • “If you cannot believe in yourself ... you cannot believe in anything”
  • "Even if you cut off my arms, I will still create art.”
  • “Forward momentum - something is better than nothing”
  • “I'm learning and Listening Everyday Therefore I can keep hope.”
  • "Thy Will be Done."
  • "Don't underestimate the importance of attempting the impossible and falling short of the mark; in so doing you prepare the ground, and earn the right, to attempt the impossible and succeed!"
  • "Remember to listen: you are always guided if you ask for help."


Do you use a mantra to get you through those tough moments? Feel free to share. Let's inspire each other! 

Wishing you ultimate success in all you do, 
Suzie 



I feel it's critical to support the community, and so I've committed to donate a portion of my book sale proceeds to the NOH8 Campaign (www.noh8campaign.com) and to Hearts United for Animals (www.hua.org) .


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for those, mantra's will be in need here for a little while ...hugs x x x

Rebecca said...

great mantras may have to use a few for myself and way to go and the support for NOH8 campaign Jeff and Adam rock

Unknown said...

@becca I'll be meeting them next Sunday when I get my NOH8 photo in DC:)

Anonymous said...

my mantras---
just keep swimming
don't worry not everyone is mean.
live life and have fun