Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Muse Update


by Suzie Carr
@girl_novelist

I put everything I had into this book. I cried, I laughed, I dug very deep to get this important story into words.

I received great news from my editor last night.  She read my first draft of my 6th novel, The Muse, and gave it two thumbs up. She gets three weeks to read it and she read it in two days.

I trust her opinion and rely on her honesty and objectivity, always, but perhaps more so at this stage of the project. I always wait through these first draft read through weeks with my breath somewhat hitched, afraid that I’ve missed the mark on the concept and will need to rewrite the novel.

Well I’m happy to report she came back with the following: “No words can adequately describe how I feel about this book. It’s life changing. I’m floored beyond belief. The depth and brilliance are at a whole new level. Plot, characters, conflict, resolution, ALL AIRTIGHT SOLID.”

To a writer, this means Olympic gold. Well, at least to this writer!

This love story is written with humor, but carries a serious message. It is about bullying and its effects. It will be released in December 2012. 

It’s an important one to tell because I suffered at the hands of a bully when I was very young. She bullied me into silence for two very long years when I was only five years old. I was too afraid to speak to anyone but my parents and siblings during this time. She literally silenced me. 

Thanks to a great support system at the time, I pulled through what could’ve been devastating to my future. One person’s hatred, jealousy, whatever the root cause, can affect another for eternity, snuffing out the light source, the energy, the very best in someone.

Bullies have the power to destroy lives. They should never be tolerated. Period. If this book helps even one person, I will feel infinitely blessed.

As my readers know, I enjoy donating a portion of my book proceeds to a worthy charity. I am currently researching into national charities to donate a portion of future proceeds from this book. Please feel free to chime in below with your recommendations for a worthy charity that helps promote awareness and support to bullied youth.

Wishing you all the best,
Suzie
  

2 comments:

the pencil said...

Looking forward to reading it when it is published!

Unknown said...

@the pencil Thanks! Working hard on it now and enjoying every moment of it:)