Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Part of Valentine's Day

Valentines Day to me has always been about sweets. My mom never skimped. She showered us with treats, making sure all four of my siblings and I understood just how much she loved us. We'd snack all day on tiny candy hearts and boxed chocolates. To this day, I can't walk through a CVS, Walmart, or Walgreens without stopping to admire the red-foiled, heart shaped chocolates, and imagine for just a moment how sweet life would be if I could indulge in dozens of them again like I could when I was a kid. But, let's face it, after spending the first forty-five minutes of my waking hours on treadmills, eliptical machines and stationary bikes, the last thing I realistically want to do is unravel it all with a box of chocolates.

So, to anyone who wants to know... chocolate dipped strawberries will do the trick:-)

What is your favorite part about Valentines Day?

No comments: